Microsoft Lync continues to amaze
Microsoft Lync 2013 is one of the most innovative releases in Unified Communications to date. In fact, there is so much going on in the newest version that it would take a White Paper, not just this short article, to really do a deep dive into the features.
Instead, this month we are going to do something a little different in the newsletter this month and just give you the bullet points. We think this will be a great way to start the discussion about Lync… and we invite you to contact us for a demo where we can give you a hands on experience and answer your specific questions.
- Stay in touch anywhere... Lync enables users to communicate securely anywhere they have network connectivity, and automatically adapts to network conditions.
- Use the device you want... Lync makes communicating easier with a consistent and familiar experience available on Windows PCs, Windows Phone, iOS, and Android smartphones. The new immersive Lync application for Windows 8 provides a seamless touch-first experience.
- Communicate in the right way... Lync unifies voice and video calls, Lync Meetings, presence, and instant messaging in one easy-to-use client, making it simple to choose and switch between different forms of communication.
- Connect with the outside world... Lync Federation extends unified communications securely over the Internet to customers, suppliers, and partners using Lync or Skype.
- Take advantage of standards-based HD video... Lync uses open standards including H.264 SVC to provide a high-quality video experience on a wide range of devices.
- Make virtual meetings more effective... see up to 5 meeting participants simultaneously with new multi-party HD video support. You can choose who to see or let Lync choose for you.
- Easily join meetings... joining a Lync Meeting requires only a single touch or click on smartphones, tablets, and PCs.
- Extend Lync Meetings outside your organization with browser-based access... the Lync Web App allows PC and Mac users to join a Lync meeting from a browser and delivers a full Lync Meeting experience including IM, voice, multi-view video, data collaboration and sharing.
- Take notes in OneNote... OneNote Share allows users in to create and share OneNote digital meeting notes within Lync Meetings.
- Quickly and intuitively find the best way to communicate... quick Lync is a menu that appears over a contact in the Lync contact list and shows available communication modes.
This enterprise-ready UC platform connects people everywhere increasing collaboration and productivity. Lync provides a consistent, single client experience for presence, instant messaging, voice, video, and meetings. With the incorporation of Skype, you can now literally reach millions of people around the world from this one platform.
If you have been considering upgrading to a Unified Communication system or replacing your old telephony system, we encourage you to contact Uncommon Solutions. Let us show you how Microsoft Lync can fulfill your business needs.